Finalists for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Civil Rights, Title IX & ADA search visited campus for interviews the week beginning April 2, 2018. Faculty, students and staff were invited to participate in the open forums for each candidate. These open forums were held in the Great Room on the second floor of Reynolds Alumni Center. Feedback was collected following each candidate visit.
Information related to this position
On Oct. 10, 2017, Kevin McDonald, MU Vice Chancellor for Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, announced a national search for the next Assistant Vice Chancellor for Civil Rights, Title IX & ADA at the University of Missouri.
The Office for Civil Rights, Title IX & ADA enforces the university’s non-discrimination policies, educates the community about the university’s policies and practices, connects people to resources that can support them if they experience discrimination or retaliation, and listens to the concerns of the campus community. This position is instrumental to our campus community.
It is critical that we receive your feedback and perspectives on the experiences, characteristics and qualities most important for the person selected to serve in this role. To submit feedback at any point, please feel free to email the committee at “email@example.com or through our “feedback form, which can be submitted anonymously.
- Tina Bloom, co-chair, associate professor in the Sinclair School of Nursing
- Emily Love, co-chair, program consultant and deputy Title IX coordinator in the UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Tina Adams-Salter, system privacy officer, MU Health
- Elizabeth Beal, member, Staff Advisory Council
- Julie Drury, senior coordinator, Office of Student Accountability and Support
- Barbara Hammer, director, MU Disability Center
- Alex Higginbotham, student representative, Missouri Students Association
- Christine Holt, associate provost, Office of the Provost
- Kristen Kalz, representative, Graduate Professional Council
- Paul Maguffee, deputy general counsel, UM System Office of the General Counsel
- Jeanne Mihail, professor and associate director, Division of Plant Sciences
- Sarah Reesman, executive associate athletic director, Athletics
- Kevin Rodgers, lieutenant, MU Police Department
- Jatha Sadowski, director, Human Resources Services
- Mikah Thompson, director of affirmative action and Title IX coordinator, UMKC Office of Affirmative Action
- Donell Young, director, Center for Academic Success and Excellence; assistant vice chancellor, MU Division of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- Oct. 10, 2017: Vice Chancellor Kevin McDonald announces search
- Oct. 18, 2017: Committee meeting. View livestream from the event.
- Oct. 18, 2017: MU campus open forum, Reynolds Alumni Center, Columns C
- October 18, 2017 — November 2017 – Campus stakeholder listening sessions
- November 2017 — mid-January 2018: Candidate pool development
- Mid-January — February 2018: Identification and interview of semi-finalist candidates
- February — April 2018: Finalist visits to campus and announcement